In the interest of fostering an open and welcoming environment, we as community members, contributors, VOIICE managers, and team leaders pledge to make participation in our community a harassment-free experience for everyone, regardless of age, body size, disability, ethnicity, sex characteristics, gender identity, level of experience, education, socio-economic status, nationality, personal appearance, race and religion.
Examples of behavior that contributes to creating a positive environment include:
- Using welcoming and inclusive language.
- Being respectful of differing viewpoints and experiences.
- Gracefully accepting constructive criticism.
- Focusing on what is best for the community.
- Showing empathy towards other community members.
- Standing up against violence
Examples of unacceptable behavior by participants include:
- The use of sexualized language or imagery and unwelcome sexual attention or advances
- Trolling, insulting/derogatory comments, and personal or political attacks
- Public or private harassment
- Publishing others’ private information, such as a physical or electronic address, without explicit permission
- Other conduct which could reasonably be considered inappropriate in a professional setting
- Using demeaning language against women, disabled persons and other marginalized groups
With the support of the VOIICE leadership, Community Generation Founders and VOIICE Managers are responsible for clarifying the standards of acceptable behavior and are expected to take appropriate and fair corrective action in response to any instances of unacceptable behavior.
Community Generation Founders and VOIICE Managers have the right to mute, delete or remove their members from their mini online platforms when they flout Code of Conduct, or to ban temporarily behaviors that they deem inappropriate, threatening, offensive, or harmful.
This Code of Conduct applies within all VOIICE spaces, and it also applies when an individual is representing VOIICE Foundation or its community in public spaces. Examples of representing a project or community include posting via an official social media account, or acting as a VOIICE member or representative at an online or offline event.
Instances of abusive, harassing, or otherwise unacceptable behavior may be reported to Complaints by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org. All complaints will be reviewed and investigated and will result in a response that is deemed necessary and appropriate to the circumstances. Leadership or staff is obligated to maintain confidentiality with regard to the reporter of an incident. Further details of specific enforcement policies may be posted separately, however implemented after deliberation of the board.
VOIICE members or leaders who do not follow the Code of Conduct in good faith may face temporary or permanent repercussions as determined by the Board.
This Code of Conduct is adapted from the VOIICE Membership Terms & Conditions